Sunday 19 October 2008

Sunday Open Thread

Here we are, the day after an encouraging 4-0 win against West Brom.

My match report and detailed player ratings will be published tomorrow morning, but in the meantime here's an open thread for you to:

  • discuss yesterday's match and other games
  • talk about anything else United or football related that is on your mind
  • ask me questions about anything you like
  • give me feedback about the blog

I'll do my best to reply to all comments when I can. Have a relaxing Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a performance by Rooney, there's nobody better than him in the world when he's playing like that. Berbatov keeps playing better and better. Also an amazing PL debut by Rafael. More than justified Fergie's faith in him.

A few questions...

What did you think of Giggsy's performance in the middle?

What do you think of the situation with Tevez? I remember your article from RedRants (Fergie's Galactico Dream) where you said that all four (Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and a new striker) could play together in a sort of a 4-2-3-1 formation that Real's Galacticos played. Do you still maintain that view?

Finally, do you think Hargreaves can come back from his injury?

Anonymous said...

Rooney is on fire at the moment its good timing for our champions league match on tuesday vs celtic.
kudos on the new blog Penguin, i always enjoyed your articles on redrants.

Penguinissimo said...

Gapi - thanks for the questions, and here are my thoughts:

- Giggs - check out my match report posted today.

- I still think it can work, and I am disappointed that we have only seen all four of them on the pitch for 10 mins since Berba was signed. I hope to see more of it soon - it would be criminal not to at least give it a go.

- I hope so, but for him to fulfil his potential he needs to be fit for a period of months, not days. The ongoing nature of this tendinitis injury is concerning, but I suppose we have to trust the Utd medical staff to get it right. In the meantime, thank god Flether has come to the party quite so spectacularly.

Post a Comment